2020-08-03

052 ~ "Gammy" for the first time! A couple of kids quilts

A friend of ours became a grandma for the first time (at the end of 2017) and was thrilled to bits. She's a great grandma...... really, she's great!! So I put a couple of quilts together for her two grandbabies.  This is the front, I think it's called stacked coins.... a perfect scrap buster kind of quilt; my favourite kind of quilts actually.

A deliberate "uphill" backing.

And for the second one:

A cute baby panel, always a perfect thing for a quick project.

Here's a closer look at the quilting, which I did in bubble quilting fashion.  I really like the look of bubble quilting; I don't do it often enough.

A one piece backing, which is actually quite unusual for me, I like to piece the backings of my quilts - it makes for a choice looks.



No comments:

Post a Comment