2020-08-05

No Waste Policy [18-04-02]

I'm not quite sure which year it was, that I started these blocks. It must have been a year when I discovered Bonnie K Hunter and her use of crumbs. For many, it would be a waste of time (I suppose). For me it's therapeutic, no think sewing and I enjoy it a lot. There are no rules, just sewing bits and pieces of cotton together, until you "make a piece of fabric", then you trim it to the size you want to use. I loved the process, and I loved to see those little 4½" blocks come together. I had no real plan as to how I was going to put them in a quilt, and since they didn't take up too much room, I just kept them until I had the desire to play with them.  If, rather I should say when I do more of this style of "making fabric" I will likely make larger pieces of fabric blocks, perhaps 8" or sew.

This is one option for putting all those blocks together. It may very well not be the final decision on the how of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment